This Residential Eco Consultant course thoroughly explores the residential environment of a home and teaches the learner how to assess and identify solutions across all areas.
The course outlines recommendations for behavioural changes, correct maintenance practices and efficient retrofits to green a home. Filled with practical exercises, videos, examples and in-depth case studies, this course is ideal for those wanting to consult to the residential sector. Focus areas include energy efficiency, water efficiency, waste management, elimination of domestic contaminants and introduction to renewable energy.
This course also teaches learners how to make detailed assessments of payback periods and return on investments helping you to effectively make the best recommendations to your clients.
The course is aimed at consultants looking for a career as a Residential Eco Consultant as well as existing residential consultants looking to enhance their offerings.
Benefits of attending the course
- Be assured of sound investments in green retrofit technology
- Learn how to save money on utility bills
- Obtain the skills to turn any home into an efficient, low-impact, cost-effective household
- Begin a new career in the green industry by becoming a Residential Eco Consultant
- Learn skills that give you specialist knowledge in the Eco industry
- Gain competitive advantage as a general residential consultant
- Forms the basis for your green marketing strategy of your residential business
- Generate extra income with a green career
- Work in your neighbourhood
- Do more than spreading awareness: make a tangible difference to the world we live in
Who should attend?
- Individuals looking for a new, or part time, career in the green industry as a Residential Eco Consultant
- Residential service providers wanting to add a competitive advantage to their services by recommending green changes to customers (interior designers, architects, plumbers, electricians, handymen)
- Hotel and guesthouse owners looking to save operating costs by reducing water, electricity and managing waste streams
- Restaurant owners wanting to find ways to differentiate their restaurant and save operating costs
Did you know?
Terra Firma Academy courses are developed by the experts at Terra Firma Solutions.
Terra Firma Solutions is a leading energy engineering solution provider who deliver a start-to-end solution, beginning with strategy development, leading to project implementation, support and maintenance.
WHAT OUR STUDENTS SAY
Louise Dowie, Environmental Scientist at WESSA
I now have a better understanding of the process behind developing an environmental policy & strategy for a corporate company. The course was well worth my time & money and I look forward to putting into practice what I've learnt.
Karlien de Bruin , GraySwan Investments
The Carbon Footprint Analyst course was one of the best courses I have ever attended. The course was really practical and after the course you should be able to apply what was learnt. The lecturer also shared his knowledge and experience that he picked up while working in the field which added extra weight to the course material.
Steve Hearder - Product Development Officer, Eskom
I would just like to thank Terra Firma for a great Measurement and Verification course, this was possibly the best course that I have done.
Lebogang Malatsi - Environmental Reporting Dept, Tiger Brands
Great course which was well presented. Group discussions were insightful and the lecturer knew her subject very well.
Edwin Makushu - Senior Ecopreneur, Food & Trees for Africa
This course should be added as one of the core modules in high institutions' environmental qualifications. I plan to use the skills I learned to calculate and report on Carbon footprints of big industries in South Africa. Seeing that the carbon tax will be phased as from January 2016, every company will need a detailed report of its footprint.
Isabella Daly - Environmental Manager, Canon SA
I thoroughly enjoyed the course. The facilitator was very knowledgeable and approachable. I would recommend this course to anybody interested in the subject.
Tony Laugton - EHS / Sustainability Manager, Glaxo Smith Kline
The course objectives were fully met. It was easy to follow, although some of the other students had difficulties with the detail of math, but the facilitator was very helpful and approachable to overcome these difficulties.
Peter Harris - Ex Head of Sustainability, AFGRI
Don’t waste time. Do the course and gain very valuable knowledge about energy efficiency.
Shepherd Nkosi - Energy Manager, Transnet Port Terminals – HQ
I attended the Energy Efficiency Management course through the NBI EELN programme. It was very enjoyable and of perfect duration. The facilitator knew is subject and I would definitely recommend it to others.
Derik Dreyer - Energy Efficiency Champion, Anglo American
Very good introduction to the intermediate calculations in energy management. Very interactive and good tools for managing energy for the future.
Mahomed Banoo, EHS Manager at Cell C
I attended the Environmental Strategy course facilitated by Dave Bonellie, who was very knowledgeable and approachable. The course brings light into the complex development of a comprehensive, realistic and feasible corporate Environmental Strategy. It offers a tool, which can be applied to any strategy development.
Who we have trained